Are you eligible for admission?
Before sending your application, make sure you respect the eligibility conditions:
- Holder of a doctoral degree (PhD) for less than five years
- Recommended by a professor (fellowship supervisor) and the director of the academic unit concerned (faculty, school, department, program)
- Scholarship recipient or funded by the mentor or unit for the duration of the fellowship
Your registration will provide you access to some essential services:
- Student number to identify you with university and government bodies
- Official attestation for the fellowship issued by the UdeS at the end of the fellowship (by request)
- Access to the UdeS’s library resources and IT services
- Map of the UdeS and a range of connected services
Duration of the fellowship
The normal duration of a postdoctoral fellowship is two years, renewable one year after assessment, for a maximum of three years. In any case, the minimum duration of a postdoctoral fellowship cannot be less than six months. In the event of a justified interruption (e.g. illness, maternity leave), the fellowship can be extended.
Become a postdoctoral fellow at the UdeS
Find a fellowship mentor
To complete a postdoctoral fellowship at the Université de Sherbrooke, the first step is finding a professor who will accept to be the fellowship mentor and host you in their research team. Consult the Specialist Directory in your field and the Inventory of Research Projects or simply the website of the faculty concerned.
After discussion with a professor and when they have accepted to host you, the faculty will send you an official letter of invitation, specifying:
- The location and dates of the start and end (duration) of the fellowship;
- The nature of the research planned;
- The conditions for financial support (scholarships, salaries, benefits, payment terms, etc.);
- Additional useful information.
It is recommended to agree in advance on an arrival date and to make an appointment with your host unit and the professor who has committed to ensuring support for your postdoctoral fellowship.
Fill in the admission form
All postdoctoral fellows must be admitted and registered with the UdeS. To do so, they must fill in and send the admission form to the faculty department and register for a postdoctoral fellowship, as well as any other document that may be required according to the regulations in force.