UdeS Scholarships Program
Are you aiming for excellence?
Choose the UdeS for your research studies.
The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Graduate Studies, has implemented a Scholarships program to encourage promising students to continue their master’s and doctoral studies. The program, in addition to offering significant support to student researchers, is a catalyst for securing scholarships from granting agencies.
$25,000 for master's level. $45,000 for doctoral level.
It provides master’s degree recipients with a grant of $12,500 each year for 2 years and PhD recipients with $15,000 each year for 3 years. By securing such an amount for their research project, students may then apply for a scholarship with an external granting agency using this award secured with the UdeS as leverage to set themselves apart, as having already secured a scholarship is regarded as a token of excellence by provincial and federal agencies reviewing applications.
This is our way of directly helping graduate students to be relieved of certain financial obligations while allowing them to fully concentrate on their studies.
- The UdeS Scholarships program is a major investment devoted to supporting graduate students.
- A large share of our graduate studients receive funding for their studies.
- Scholarships provide funding throughout the studies.
- Faculty and institutional amounts are pooled to optimize the assistance allocated.
- More than $5M offered every year.
Financial assistance options are not exclusively offered to students with excellent academic records. A number of scholarships are also offered through private funds and managed by the UdeS Foundation. Consult the Scholarships Directory.