Research led at the university often results in many innovations that meet society’s needs. Thanks to proximity with partners and the vitality of applied research, students can better seize potential from the results of their research and turn it into business opportunities.
From the beginning of their studies at the UdeS, students are provided with a plethora of resources to understand the marketplace reality, develop and test a business model, and take part in various networking activities. More specifically:
- Accélérateur entrepreneurial Desjardins (Desjardins' Entrepreneurial Accelerator), which helps identify entrepreneurial vocations with students of all sectors.
- Enactus Sherbrooke, which encourages community engagement.
- The JR André Bombardier family’s Createk technology entrepreneurship contest, which stimulates student creativity and encourages them to create projects.
- The Studio de création Huguette et Jean-Louis Fontaine, which provides access to a unique environment that fosters ideation through its cutting-edge equipment and enables timely prototyping and manufacturing of demo products.
- The Accelerator for the Creation of Technological Businesses (ACET National Bank), which provides ways to facilitate the start-up of new technological businesses and support them in their growth.
- The CDPQ—Expansion Strategies program, which provides high-potential businesses supported by the ACET with access to the international network of the Caisse de dépôt, to bolster their growth and be successful outside of Québec.
- TransferTech, which highlights innovations arising from the Université de Sherbrooke and guides entrepreneurs in partnership with the ACET.
- Entrepreneurial scholarships to help students develop a business project through a co-op internship.
- Funding sources specifically offered to student entrepreneurs.