The overall goal of CRÉPA is to advance knowledge and practices in the field of outdoor teaching and learning in school settings.
CRÉPA's work will focus on both teaching practices and the educational benefits of outdoor education for learners. The targeted educational levels are primarily those that correspond to the formal and compulsory school settings, i.e. preschool, elementary and secondary education. To achieve the general objective of the Chair, two related research axes will guide the research projects and publications, as well as the students' theses and dissertations.
In addition to the general objective, three complementary objectives guide CRÉPA's activities.
Develop a diverse scientific workforce
- Recruit interns and students at all levels from Quebec, Canada and abroad
- Offer academic experiences that are complementary to the training program
Conducting world-class research
- Develop an interdisciplinary and inter-university research center
- Use the Chair as leverage to obtain additional grants from research funding organizations
- Disseminate research results to the scientific community
Influencing practices in the school environment
- Develop a community of practice that will bring together people from both the research and academic communities
- Disseminate research findings to educators and the professional community