Since 1973, Performa has been offering university level professional development programs in college teaching.
It customizes them to the needs of teachers working in its network of member-colleges. Even though these programs are primarily aimed at teachers, they also have a concrete impact on the practice of pedagogical advisors, academic success of students and institutional development of member-colleges.
- Support the professional development of the teaching staff, especially of college teachers.
- Support the institutional development of member colleges.
Its beliefs and convictions
- Individuals are capable of responsibly handling their own professional development project.
- Assistance and cooperation are essential to the process of co-construction of knowledge.
- Recognition of the legitimacy of knowledge acquired from professional practice and from research as a means of training.
- Recognition of watchfulness and innovation as means of anticipating change and taking part in it.