Entering College Teaching
Congratulations and welcome to the teaching profession! Are you still feeling a bit overwhelmed? Perhaps taking a step back and working on a plan could help you set foot, read your environment and plan your next steps to ease your onboarding process. This is exactly what this training offers you.
Take the time to analyze your new professional situation.
Define a plan and a strategy for professional integration that meets your needs, your context, and your short-term objectives.
Discuss with colleagues from other colleges across Quebec living a similar reality, support each other, and benefit from the support of a facilitator.
You can also integrate this short training into a more global professional onboarding program in your institution.
Give yourself the time and space to settle and then kick off your new career as a college teacher more confidently.
- Registration period: June 1 to September 1, 2023
- Training Start Date: Week of September 18, 2023
- Traning End Date: Week of December 4, 2023
- Duration: 15 hours
- Group Size: Limited
Synchronous session dates
- September 22, 2023 (12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
- November 03, 2023 (12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
- December 08, 2023 (12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
Who is this training for
- Teachers with 0 to 12 months of teaching experience
- Work for a Performa member-college (proof of employment required)
How to Register
- Before you sign up for this training, please be aware of the commitment you'll need to make for the duration of the session.
- To register, contact the Local Representative at your college.
- If there are more registrations than group capacity, Peforma will draw the names of the participants. Your registration will be confirmed between September 4 and 15.
Performa reserves the right to modify its non-credit training offer without prior notice.