Welcome to the world of microtechnology. Discover a platform dedicated to the study of objects on a submillimeter scale.
The microtechnology platform (3IT. Micro) brings together equipment and technical expertise for the design, assembly, programming and characterization of advanced prototypes involving expertise in microelectronics (including encapsulation for the integration of nanotechnology devices).
The platform offers a PCB design service. These are designed according to the customer’s electronic and mechanical requirements, from the simplest to the most complex. The design team can also complete an existing design, make a new revision of an existing circuit, or even simply do a design review. Since the platform has a complete assembly line, it is possible to offer turnkey solutions that include the assembly of prototypes.
The platform benefits from cutting edge equipment, allowing the development of chip and PCB assembly processes, chip encapsulation, and surface mount and through-hole assembly processes for the production of physical prototypes. The prototyping service is also offered to SMEs in the region and other academic institutions.
A characterization and instrumentation laboratory is present in the platform environment. Its mission is to develop electronic circuits for various applications such as medical imaging, microelectronics applied to large experiments in particle physics, neurostimulation/neuronal recording protheses, communication systems and human–electronic interfaces.
- Four stations with computers are available for users of the platform.
- A MT1500 soldering station can be used for reworking printed circuit boards with small components.
- The laboratory is attached to the radiation protection room which allows experiments with radioactivity to be carried out (training form the radiation protection service is required).
An experimentation and soldering laboratory is available to users and provides access to basic test equipment (oscilloscopes, power supplies, waveform generators and others), experimentation areas with computers and a complete soldering station. Wires of various gauges (stranded and solid) are also available on a self-service basis to facilitate assembly and experimentation.
Here is an overview of the know-how in microtechnologies, developed thanks to a stable and permanent team of technicians and professionals:
- chip assembly (wirebonding, flip chip, thermocompression);
- assembly of surface mounted (SMT) and through-hole devices, on printed circuits boards (single or double sided);
- lead-free soldering (RoHS);
- laser cutting and engraving;
- X-ray defect analysis;
- 3D inspection;
- reworking (hot air and infrared);
- plasma surface treatment;
- thermal cycling in environmental chamber;
- curing of UV adhesives;
- printed circuit board (PCB) design: multilayer circuits, high density technologies (micro-vias, blind and buried vias), controlled impedance, trace length matching, high frequency differential signals (FPGA, DDR3 memory, etc.), EMI / EMC constraints, substrates (FR4, polyimide, Rogers, silicon, etc.), flex / rigid-flex circuits;
- FPGA embedded software programming;
- equipment rental (oscilloscope, EMI / EMC inspection, etc.);
- training on equipment accessible in our laboratories;
- storage (-40°C freezer).