The robotics platform allows the mechanical-electrical-computer integration for the design of robotic systems, as well as the study of interactions between users and such systems as close as possible to reality.
It is composed of the following two laboratories:
Mechanical Electrical Computer Integration Laboratory (robotics)
- This is a workspace for developing robotic systems at the mechanical, electrical and computer component integration stage.
Evaluation of Uses and Environment Laboratory
- This lab, instrumented with sensors, actuators, and advanced telecommunication devices (allowing control of network transmission conditions), allows to record data on the use of interactive technologies and controls robotic systems in real time (e.g., drones, collaborative robots, haptic systems).
Several rooms make up this laboratory:
Experimentation and drone flight room: a 10 m x 15 m x 10 m instrumented room allowing, among other things, the indoor flight of drones, the taking of measurements with motion capture systems, the deployment of mobile and manipulation robots.
Observation room: room allowing to follow the experiments carried out in the adjacent rooms (experimentation rooms, telehealth room).
Telehealth room: room that can be used as a remote site for telehealth applications, or as a place to hold focused discussion groups.
Scientific recording room: a control room for recording data taken in the experimental rooms or outside the building.
- Robotic hearing
- Microphone array
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Signal processing
- Sound source localization and classification
- Speech enhancement
- Voice recognition
- Experimental collaborative robots:automatic product or part pickup, physical human-robot interaction, collaborative robot motion planning in cluttered and unfamiliar environments
- Mobile platforms and manipulators
- Multimodal perception for robots and interactive systems
- Simultaneous mapping and localization (SLAM)
- Hardware-software integration and design of intelligent robots and systems
- Human-robot interaction
- Robotic telepresence
- Assistive robotics (exercisers, wheelchairs, exoskeletons)
- Cognitive robotics