E-mail : Louis.Valiquette@USherbrooke.ca
Phone : 819 346-1110, ext. 12568
Fax : 819 829-3286
Department of Microbiology and Infectiology
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Université de Sherbrooke
3001 12th Avenue North
Sherbrooke, Québec J1H 5N4
- M.D., Université de Sherbrooke, Québec (1995)
- FRCPC - CSPQ – Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (2001)
- M.Sc. (epidemiology) University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario (2005)
- Development, Integration and Validation of Clinical Tools Designed to Prevent and Manage Nosocomial Infections.
The aim of this program is to develop new clinical tools that could be used to prevent and manage nosocomial infections. Two examples of current projects that fall under this program and which we direct are as follows:
- Multicentric prospective cohort study aimed at developing and validating a clinical prediction scale for patients with Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea. From the clinical diagnostic data available (temperature, leukocytosis, etc.), it will be possible to use this scale for early identification of patients at a high risk of relapse or severe complications and improve how they are managed.
- Development and validation of an asynchronous computerized decisional support system to improve the use of antibiotics (ATB). Using summary clinical data (diagnosis, type of ATB, duration, etc.), the system will identify patients at risk of receiving ATBs inappropriately and recommend treastment alternatives that are less toxic, less expensive and less likely to induce resistance and trigger the onset of C. difficile.