IQ Postdoctoral Fellowship
Postdoctoral fellows will find in the IQ a dynamic environment offering them great freedom and resources to enhance their careers as researchers.
IQ Postdoctoral Fellowship
We are looking to recruit researchers with a background and interest in quantum information, quantum materials or quantum engineering. We are seeking young researchers who are highly motivated and wish to apply their talents and creativity to challenging projects in quantum science and/or innovate new quantum technologies. Applicants should demonstrate their capacity for research with their publication record and/or a strong potential for technological transfer of their research results. Both experimental and theoretical candidates are encouraged to apply.
About the Fellowships :
- Highly competitive stipends are offered.
- Discretionary research and travel funds are included.
- Fellows are encouraged to drive their own research program and collaborate with researchers of their choosing.
- Fellows will have access to an internal funding competition and will be encouraged to mentor students.
- Courses in languages, entrepreneurship and intellectual
- property are available at the Université de Sherbrooke.
- Dedicated support for patent applications is available.
- No teaching is required but involvement in summer schools and workshops is encouraged.
How to apply :
- Submit a CV and a 2-page description of your research interests
- Arrange to have 2 letters of recommendation forwarded directly to the institute.
- Applications and letters should be sent to postdoc-iq@USherbrooke.ca
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to visit IQ to give a seminar and meet potential collaborators.
- We encourage you to apply by January 1st, 2022 but will continue to consider applications after that date, as well as consider candidates for additional funding opportunities (see below).
Additional funding opportunities
In addition to the IQ Prize Postdoctoral Fellowships, several IQ researchers are seeking postdoctoral fellows to carry out the following projects:
- Transport properties of quantum materials (prof. Louis Taillefer)
- Growth and Properties of (100) and (110) electron-doped thin films (prof. Patrick Fournier)
- Strongly correlated & topological quantum matter; theory and numerical methods (prof. Stefanos Kourtis)
- Quantum & quantum-inspired computation and AI; theory and algorithms (prof. Stefanos Kourtis)
- Interplay between emergent excitations and lattice vibrations in topological matter (prof. Ion Garate)
- Transport and computational approaches to cuprates and strongly correlated electrons (prof. André-Marie-
- Dark matter search with superconducting quantum circuits (prof. Max Hofheinz)
For a full list of offers visit https://www.usherbrooke.ca/iq/en/categorie-emplois/iq-postdoc/
Apply to the IQ Postdoctoral Fellowship