By becoming a professor at the UdeS, you benefit from peer support establishing yourself faster in terms of teaching, research, and academic management. A mentoring program oversees the best practices and provides new professors with reference assistance in their professional development on all aspects of their academic career.
This program was established to promote the smooth integration of each professor by providing assistance in:
- Integrating them into the environment (internal networking, becoming familiar with faculty and university structures);
- Planning their teaching workload and course development, and reflecting on pedagogical strategies;
- Developing their skills in supporting and coaching graduate students;
- Establishing their research programming (funding strategy, graduate student recruitment, management of a research team, etc.);
- Reflecting on strategies for highlighting teaching and research work.