UdeS professors are setting themselves apart. Many of them have gained international acclaim by contributing to the advancement of research.
They scoop up awards becoming an incredible source of outreach for our institution while reflecting our significant contribution to society. Meet these exceptional people who have received prestigious awards in addition to recognition from their peers and the expression of our most sincere pride.
- 2019 - Order of Canada Award : Prof Micheline Dumont
These awards highlight the invaluable contribution of Canadian women to the advancement of equality between men and women.
- 2019 - ACFAS Jacques-Rousseau Award :Prof. Roger Lecomte
Awarded to a researcher to highlight excellence and outreach in their work, having established innovative links between various disciplines, beyond their field of specialization.
- 2018 - Royal Society of Canada - Rutherford Memorial Medal in Physics :Prof Alexandre Blais
The Rutherford Memorial Medal is awarded each year by the Royal Society of Canada to honour eminent Canadian scientists, academics, and researchers in recognition of their remarkable achievements in advancing knowledge. Prof. Blais was awarded this high distinction for his groundbreaking ideas representing significant conceptual advances and inspiring a major portion of incredible experimental progress, which could potentially result in building a quantum computer.
- 2017 - Hector-Fabre Award : Prof. Michèle Vatz-Laaroussi
This award from the Ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie recognizes remarkable engagement to foster stronger togetherness in Quebec regions and around the world.
- 2017 - Killam Research Fellowship : Prof. Louis Taillefer
A prestigious program recognizing the professional achievements of eminent Canadian scholars and scientists actively engaged in research, whether in industry, government agencies, or universities.
- 2017 - Royal Society of Canada Award, Member of the Academy of the Arts and Humanities: Prof. Marie Beaulieu
Members of the Society are eminent men and women from all intellectual disciplines. They distinguished themselves through contributing to the arts, humanities, and science, and their services rendered to the Canadian public.
- 2017 - Fellow of the International Association of Physical Education in Higher Education: Prof. Sylvain Turcotte
A true honour for any researcher, this title testifies to Professor Turcotte’s excellence in research and in practice in educational intervention in health and physical activity. Among the eligibility criteria is international recognition in one’s field of expertise.