Pôle universitaire de santé numérique de l’Estrie
The Pôle universitaire de santé numérique de l'Estrie is the result of a long-standing collaboration between the CIUSSS de l'Estrie-CHUS and the Université de Sherbrooke. It brings together the strengths and expertise of the two institutions in health and social services data and health informatics development.
The Pole carries out the development and research of computer applications for the exploitation and mining of clinical and epidemiological data. It will enable the optimal use of numerous clinical databases that are unique in North America, with the goal of improving health of populations.
Services of the Pole include:
- The implementation of best practices regarding security and health data management
- Support at all stages regarding the researcher’s progress
- Support to access health data from the CIUSSS de l’Estrie-CHUS
- Digital tools development, including artificial intelligence
- Access to high quality technological infrastructures
- Organization of scientific events for the outreach of digital health projects and expertise from the Estrie scientific community
At the heart of the Pôle are researchers in health informatics who, more than 30 years ago, made a functional contribution to the first electronic patient record. This file is linked to a warehouse of longitudinal health data collected from a regional population, created for research purposes by and for the UdeS and the CIUSSS de l'Estrie-CHUS research community.
Unité de recherche clinique et épidémiologique (URCE)
L’URCE provides support to academic researchers and graduate students, residents and post-doctorate wishing to develop and direct original clinical and/or epidemiological research project (initiated locally or with a multicentric aim).
Services of the URCE include:
- Support in grant applications
- Coordination of clinical studies (ethical submission, protocol, regulatory monitoring)
- Support for databases development
- Biostatistics services and publication support
Plateforme de recherche, de valorisation, d’analyse et de liaison en informatique de la santé (PREVALIS)
Prevalis offers to professors-researchers and their partners, methodological, regulatory and responsible support for digital health data projects, at all stages, from the conception of the research idea to the analysis and dissemination of their results. With specific expertise in the fields of health, research, ethics, and pedagogy.
Services of Prevalis include:
- Data mining and harmonization
- Statistical analysis
- Artificial intelligence
- Data security
- Modeling development and data visualization tools
- Economic evaluation in health
Plateforme informatique CRED
La Plateforme informatique CRED offers support for researchers and platforms to help them provide health informatics tools, solutions, and expertise. CRED is certified ISO 27001, 27018 and soon 27701 and wants to be an example by applying the best global security practices in the field. Cred can also assist in the development of data access infrastructures, data visualization tools and decision support tools.
Services of CRED include:
- Custom programming (interpretation of algorithms, creation of new software, customization of existing software)
- Database management and architecture
- Database development, including biobanks
- Systems management, analysis and advice (choice of software and technologies used and ensures minimum security requirements)
- Data engineering (data interpretation)
DORISE offers access to clinical-administrative data for doctors, managers, researchers, and other applicants while monitoring security and compliance with laws. DORISE advise data consumers to maximize their use and we develop data management skills across the organization. DORISE provide leadership and federate team of the CIUSSS de l'Estrie-CHUS involved in the production of data and the continual improvement of their quality. DORISE innovate to develop and support processes as well as the organization’s tools regarding data management.
Services of DORISE include:
- Coordination of the data access point process
- Data extraction
- Clarification of needs, support for analysis and interpretation as well as empowerment of self-service tools
- Coordination of the data quality management process
- Development of data management skill
- Development and maintenance of infrastructure and data dissemination tools
Service Request Form
To submit a service request to the Pole, please fill out the form. The request will be evaluated by the Pole and the person who submitted the request will be contacted as soon as possible.