Granting Agencies Chairs
The science of sex and gender aims to better understand the interaction between biological and social influences and the effects of this interaction on health and disease. The purpose of this funding, Chair in Sex and Gender Science, is to support in-depth research in sex and gender science through a series of chairs in different disciplines to increase the visibility of the field and stimulate innovation. Chairholders will investigate sex and/or gender as a primary research question in their respective fields, while working to build capacity and communicate their findings within and beyond their research communities.
The creation of the Quebec Youth Research Network Chair (Network Chair) is part of the 2016-2021 Youth Action Strategy and is intended to be a structuring measure of government action in favour of young people. The work of the Network Chair will allow for a scientific, multidisciplinary and intersectoral look at the problems and issues described in the Quebec Youth Policy 2030. Access to relevant and up-to-date data concerning youth is fundamental to ensure the sustained exercise of governmental responsibility towards them. To this end, the sharing and transfer of knowledge must be promoted, on the one hand, to better inform the decision-making process and, on the other hand, to strengthen the action of the government and its partners with respect to youth.
NSERC Industrial Research Chairs are intended to assist universities in building on existing strengths to achieve the critical mass required for a major research endeavour in natural sciences and engineering of interest to the industry; assist in the development of research efforts in fields that have not yet been developed in Canadian universities but for which there is an important need; provide an enhanced experiential learning environment for graduate students and, where appropriate, postdoctoral fellows, by exposing them to research challenges unique to partnerships, and by providing them with the opportunity for significant ongoing interactions with partnering organizations. Chairs are jointly funded by the NSERC and the private sector. Ministries, departments, and agencies from the federal and provincial governments can also contribute to funding the chair.
- NSERC Chair in Design for Aluminum - DESROCHERS, Alain
- NSERC/IBM Canada Industrial Research Chair in High-Performance Heterogeneous Integration - DROUIN, Dominique
- NSERC/IBM Canada Industrial Research Chair in High-Performance Heterogeneous Integration - SYLVESTRE, Julien
- NSERC Industrial Research Chair for the development of flowable concrete with adapted rheology (FCAR) and its use in concrete infrastructure - YAHIA, Ammar
- NSERC Industrial Research Chair in Industrial Energy Efficiency - PONCET, Sébastien
- NSERC Industrial Research Chair on the Application of Hydrometeorological Data from Satellite Images To Improve Hydrological Forecasting - LECONTE, Robert
- NSERC/Teledyne DALSA Industrial Research Chair in Next Generation MEMS and Microphotonics - CHARETTE, Paul
- NSERC/Teledyne DALSA Industrial Research Chair in Next Generation MEMS and Microphotonics - FRÉCHETTE, Luc
- Chaire pour les femmes en sciences et en génie du CRSNG (Québec) - LANGELIER, Ève