Research Presentation Scholarships
Research presentation scholarships are individually managed by each faculty. The general conditions presented in the section below are for information purposes only.
The conditions of competitions are reviewed on an annual basis and at the appropriate time, faculties inform the students concerned of the opening of the scholarship application periods.
Scholarship program conditions
- Students registered in a master’s program can receive a scholarship of up to $500 and students registered in a PhD program can receive up to two grants of $700 (maximum one scholarship per year).
- The scholarship is to be used to reimburse fees for participating in a conference (travel, accommodation, subsistence, and registration) based on the UdeS’s repayment conditions.
- The student must be the primary author and present a poster or deliver an oral communication.
- The communication or poster must be presented as part of a symposium or scientific conference.
- The presentation must clearly feature affiliation with a Université de Sherbrooke department.
- The student’s research director must approve the request by authorizing them to participate in the activity and making a recommendation.
Research presentation scholarships are awarded through competitions, usually over two periods:
- The deadline to submit an application for the first competition, which covers activities occurring between September 1 and February 28, is usually in mid-September.
- The deadline to submit an application for the second competition, which covers activities occurring between March 1 and August 31, is around mid-January.