The Centre CR+ is a significant asset provided to research students by the UdeS. It enables them to take, during their master’s or doctoral curriculum, specific courses related to the cross-curricular competencies to be developed, then obtain official certification to attest for the addition of these competencies to their program of studies. The Centre was created in 2009 and is dedicated to cross-curricular competency development.
Since then, regular improvements have been implemented into the programming so that our research students feel fully equipped, both during their studies and once they have graduated. Today, the Centre CR+ features:
- Professional development workshops;
- Fully credited programs, i.e. a whole range of services that can be tailored to each student’s goals and their specific supplementary training needs.
Whether it be project management, drafting strategies, scientific popularization or effective communication, leadership, entrepreneurship, or ethics, there are diverse possibilities and registering for these courses does not require any complicated administrative processes.
- Credited supplementary training (microprogram ans specialized graduate diploma DESS);
- No additional fees for students;
- Successful cross-curricular courses recorded on the transcript;
- A unique path to earn a diploma ++.
This way, UdeS research graduates integrate into the workforce with obvious technical skills, but also with attitudes, values, and interpersonal, social, and complementary skills that make them a high-quality workforce for the next generation.