The theme of the innovation zone project is based on the major breakthroughs of the UdeS in the field of quantum sciences. This sector of the future has enormous potential.
The world renowned UdeS Institut quantique brings together scientists specializing in quantum materials, quantum information and quantum engineering. The objective: to conduct high-level fundamental research and develop the quantum technologies of the future.
The Institut quantique in brief
- One of the few interdisciplinary quantum research institutes in the world
- State-of-the-art experimental research and numerical computing infrastructure
- Over $80 million in investments in 10 years
- Highly qualified teams: 200 faculty members, research staff and students
- Research that integrates the ethics of technological development
- The IBM Q Hub
The Institut quantique stands out
- A discovery from the UdeS in Québec Science's 2020 rankings
- Professor Alexandre Blais' contribution recognized by his peers
- Université de Sherbrooke's expertise in the quantum field recognized with a first Canada-UK partnership
- Video: an innovative hall for the Institut quantique