Making your partnership a success
Research partnerships bring enrichment, learning and innovation. There is, however, one way to approach them in order to maximize the positive spin-offs. Here are three basic tips to guide you towards a partnership that will more than meet your expectations.
Communication is key
- The initial meeting between partners is crucial to get the partnership off to a good start. It serves to establish the basis of the relationship, to agree on the involvement of each partner and to define the objectives of the project.
- Throughout the project, it is important not to lose contact. This is why we encourage follow-ups and meetings.
- The meetings serve to keep up to date with the project and, if necessary, to readjust.
Involvement is essential
- All partners must feel concerned and be strongly involved in the project.
- To ensure good relations between the partners, it is very important that the agreements established at the initial meeting are respected.
- The standards agreed upon at the beginning of the collaboration are the supporting pillars of a good agreement.
- In the event of a major change in priorities, objectives or the nature of the project, it is imperative that all stakeholders be notified.
- Frank discussion can avoid misunderstandings and ultimately improve the relationship between partners.