IQ Postdoctoral Fellowship
Postdoctoral fellows will find in the IQ a dynamic environment offering them great freedom and resources to enhance their careers as researchers.
IQ Postdoctoral Fellowship
We are looking to recruit researchers with a background and interest in quantum information, quantum materials or quantum engineering. We are seeking young researchers who are highly motivated and wish to apply their talents and creativity to challenging projects in quantum science and/or innovate new quantum technologies. Applicants should demonstrate their capacity for research with their publication record and/or a strong potential for technological transfer of their research results. Both experimental and theoretical candidates are encouraged to apply. Fellows will need to have completed their PhD in the 4 years prior to starting their position. The University is committed to making a priority of diversity, equity and inclusion as strategic factors of excellence. The University invites all qualified individuals to apply, in particular, women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities under the Programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi (PAEE). The University also encourages individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities to apply.
About the Fellowships :
- Highly competitive salaries are offered.
- Discretionary research and travel funds are included.
- Fellows are encouraged to drive their own research program and collaborate with researchers of their choosing.
- Fellows will have access to an internal funding competition and will be encouraged to mentor students.
- Languages, entrepreneurship and intellectual property classes are available at the Université de Sherbrooke.
- Dedicated support for patent applications is available.
- No teaching is required but involvement in summer schools and workshops is encouraged.
When to apply :
We encourage you to apply for the fellowship competition before November 30th, 2018. However, numerous funding opportunities are available throughout the year and we recommend contacting IQ researchers regarding postdoctoral positions at any time.
How to apply :
- Submit a CV and a short description of your research interests and proposed research program (maximum 2 pages).
- Ensure that two letters of recommendation are sent directly to the Institute.
- Applications and letters should be sent to postdoc-iq@USherbrooke.ca
Applicants selected for an interview will be invited to visit the Institut quantique, to give a seminar and meet potential collaborators.Apply to the IQ Postdoctoral Fellowship