Study at IQ
The Institut quantique is constantly looking for undergraduate and summer students with high potential and a taste for research at the frontier between quantum science and technology. People with advanced scientific skills, strong motivation and a taste for teamwork are welcome. If you are a student and would like to join the IQ, you can contact us at any time, either through the researchers or directly at the IQ at email@example.com.
Master students receive a solid base of knowledge and develop unique expertise in the research area of their choice. This training prepares them to enter on the job market or pursue higher studies leading to a doctorate.
Doctoral students are prepared for a research career, with advanced expertise in quantum information, quantum materials or quantum engineering.
The different ways to obtain funding for graduate studies at the IQ
The Institut quantique is always looking for excellent master and PhD students. Openings are available throughout the year based on the IQ funding. These openings are advertised in the “Jobs” section when they are available. Moreover, there are a significant number of programs to apply for graduate scholarships, in a joint project involving the applicant and the laboratory.
Certains organismes de financement pour ces postes
To be admitted to a program or educational activities, a person must :
- Submit a formal application online, in accordance with the admission procedure
- Meet the general admission requirement
- Meet the specific conditions for admission to the program
- Find a faculty member to lead your research activities
Postdoctoral fellows will find in the IQ a dynamic environment offering them great freedom and resources to enhance their careers as researchers.
IQ Postdoctoral Fellowship
We are looking to recruit researchers with a background and interest in quantum information, quantum materials or quantum engineering. We are seeking young researchers who are highly motivated and wish to apply their talents and creativity to challenging projects in quantum science and/or innovate new quantum technologies. Applicants should demonstrate their capacity for research with their publication record and/or a strong potential for technological transfer of their research results. Both experimental and theoretical candidates are encouraged to apply. Fellows will need to have completed their PhD in the 4 years prior to starting their position.
The University is committed to making a priority of diversity, equity and inclusion as strategic factors of excellence. The University invites all qualified individuals to apply, in particular, women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities under the Programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi (PAEE). The University also encourages individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities to apply.
About the Fellowships :
- Highly competitive salaries are offered.
- Discretionary research and travel funds are included.
- Fellows are encouraged to drive their own research program and collaborate with researchers of their choosing.
- Fellows will have access to an internal funding competition and will be encouraged to mentor students.
- Languages, entrepreneurship and intellectual property classes are available at the Université de Sherbrooke.
- Dedicated support for patent applications is available.
- No teaching is required but involvement in summer schools and workshops is encouraged.
When to apply :
We encourage you to apply for the fellowship competition before November 30th, 2018. However, numerous funding opportunities are available throughout the year and we recommend contacting IQ researchers regarding postdoctoral positions at any time.
How to apply :
- Submit a CV and a short description of your research interests and proposed research program (maximum 2 pages).
- Ensure that two letters of recommendation are sent directly to the Institute.
- Applications and letters should be sent to postdoc-iq@USherbrooke.ca
Applicants selected for an interview will be invited to visit the Institut quantique, to give a seminar and meet potential collaborators.POSTDOCTORAL POSTINGS