COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Research project summary
The Université de Sherbrooke has launched an ambitious and forward-looking project for one of the great industrial revolutions of the 21st century: from quantum sciences to quantum technologies. The Institut quantique (IQ) accelerates the quantum revolution to propel us into an era where quantum science will produce technologies that will transform our society. Our mission is to position ourselves as a key player in the quantum revolution and a world leader in interdisciplinary research and training in quantum materials science, quantum information and quantum engineering; an ambitious strategy to meet the needs of the 21st century digital age.
To drive this initiative, the Université de Sherbrooke is investing, with the help of government partners, more than $50 million, notably through the creation and construction of the Institut quantique. (https://www.usherbrooke.ca/iq/institut/a-propos/). In order to position itself at the local, national and international levels, the IQ is looking for a coordinator in community development and relations.
We are looking for exceptionally motivated people who like to see the impact of their work, who are committed to the success of the Institute and who want to be part of a special project. We are looking for a person who combines strategic thinking and creativity, ready to roll up their sleeves to amplify our progress and innovation in technologies that will transform industries and society.
Under the immediate responsibility of IQ’s Executive Director, the Community Development and Relations Coordinator will aim to develop new audiences/followers for the IQ and create a thriving community. He or she will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of strategies, projects and partnerships related to the IQ’s communications, marketing and outreach.
She or he will be responsible for researching and mobilizing new partnerships; participating in consultation and project development activities with partner organizations, members and the IQ community. You will identify public relations opportunities, develop support strategies and collaborate with the business development team and communications advisor, as well as with external resources to build lasting relationships with partners and the broader community. She or he will use her or his strong writing skills, dynamism and passion for storytelling to maintain reciprocal and fruitful relationships with the IQ community – media, industrial or public partners, etc.
- Support IQ’s overall objectives in communications, public relations, marketing and branding, in collaboration with the IQ Communications Advisor. In this way, it contributes to giving IQ a voice of its own.
- Seek and coordinate partnerships that contribute to IQ’s outreach and enable it to build its own community. Propose and implement new concepts and educational materials to promote quantum physics.
- Initiate and coordinate IQ outreach activities for the general public: various presentations, scientific and outreach events, networking within the quantum or external community.
- Create content (images, videos and texts) in collaboration with the communication advisor and the various sections of the Communications Department and participate in the development of mobilizing projects for IQ and the Université de Sherbrooke.
- Ensure strategic monitoring.
- Consistently apply policies and guidelines for communication, information dissemination and branding.
- Contribute to the realization of other projects related to the objectives of the Institute.
- Assume any other task assigned to him by IQ’s management.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English languages.
- Rigour, autonomy, dynamism, curiosity and an excellent sense of organization.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team.
- Experience interacting with various members of a research group and the ability to communicate with various audiences.
- Ability to write clear, structured and concise documents.
- Leadership in project management.
- Be willing to work flexible hours during peak periods.
- Willingness and ability to travel on occasion.
- Ability to synthesize complex technologies, products and market challenges.
- Experience in community management.
- Practical experience in communications strategy for scientific and high-tech communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or any other relevant field.
- More than 5 years of experience in communications, marketing, media relations or similar experience in a company or agency.
Temporary full-time employment, thirty-five (35) hours per week.
Duration of employment: contractual employment for a period of two (2) years, with the possibility of extension.
Expected start date: 1 October 2019.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2019 at 5:00 p. m.Apply now (French)