IQ Postdoctoral Fellowships
We are looking to recruit researchers with a background and interest in quantum information, quantum materials or quantum engineering. We are seeking young researchers who are highly motivated and wish to apply their talents and creativity to challenging projects in quantum science and/or innovate new quantum technologies. Applicants should demonstrate their capacity for research with their publication record and/or a strong potential for technological transfer of their research results. Both experimental and theoretical candidates are encouraged to apply. Fellows will need to have completed their PhD in the 4 years prior to starting their position.
The University is committed to making a priority of diversity, equity and inclusion as strategic factors of excellence. The University invites all qualified individuals to apply, in particular, women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities under the Programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi (PAEE). The University also encourages individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities to apply. Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The Institut Quantique is a research institute at the Université de Sherbrooke that focuses on quantum science and technologies. We bring together experts in quantum materials, quantum information and quantum engineering with the aim of performing top-quality fundamental research and developing the quantum technologies of the future. Significant investment from the Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF) is currently leading to a rapid increase in recruitment at the Institut Quantique, including these fellowships and a number of new faculty positions.
Our institute includes state-of-the-art experimental and computational research infrastructure, maintained by a team of skilled technicians and research associates. We maintain a dynamic research environment with several weekly seminars as well as yearly summer schools and workshops in quantum materials, quantum information, mesoscopic physics or numerical methods. Research at the Institut Quantique is highly collaborative and strengthened by well-established international connections.
About the fellowships
- Highly competitive salaries are offered.
- Discretionary research and travel funds are included.
- Fellows are encouraged to drive their own research program and collaborate with researchers of their choosing.
- Fellows will have access to an internal funding competition and will be encouraged to mentor students.
- Courses in languages, entrepreneurship and intellectual property are available at the Université de Sherbrooke.
- Dedicated support for patent applications is available.
- No teaching is required but involvement in summer schools and workshops is encouraged.
How to apply
- Submit a CV and a short description of your research interests and proposed research program (maximum 2 pages).
- Arrange to have 2 letters of recommendation forwarded directly to the institute.
- Applications and letters should be sent to postdoc-iq@USherbrooke.ca
Applicants that are selected for an interview will be invited to visit Sherbrooke to give a seminar and meet potential collaborators.
When to apply
We encourage you to apply for the fellowship competition before November 30th, 2018. However, numerous funding opportunities are available throughout the year and we recommend contacting IQ researchers regarding postdoctoral positions at any time.Ad-IQ Postdoc