Institutional Plan COVID-19 for International Students
EXEMPTIONS FOR international students ENTERING CANADA
Effective August 9, international students will no longer be required to stay in a hotel authorized by the Government upon arrival in the country. In addition, travellers who have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days prior to entering Canada will no longer be required to be tested, unless they are randomly selected at the border. They will need to have provided their information to ArriveCAN prior to boarding the plane to Canada.
From July 5 to August 9, COVID-19 fully vaccinated travelers entering Canada may be eligible for certain exemptions from quarantine, hotel stopover and day-8 testing requirement if they meet specific conditions.
Entry requirements for the fully vaccinated exemption :
- Pre-entry test required
- Quarantine plan in case you don’t get the exemption
- Arrival test at the Montréal airport (register in advance)
- Proof of vaccination (using ArriveCAN)
Fully vaccinated travellers who arrived before 12:01 a.m. EDT on July 5, aren’t eligible for these exemptions.
Requirements for NON VACCINATED travellers entering Canada
- Be eligible to enter Canada
- Register for ArriveCAN and submit :
- The negative result of a pre-entry COVID-19 test, done at most 72 hours before your departure
- Your quarantine plan
- Complete your full quarantine
Requirements for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada
If you are fully vaccinated, you may be exempt from quarantine. But you will still need to register with ArriveCAN and submit the following:
- A negative pre-entry COVID-19 test, done no more than 72 hours before your departure
- Your personalized quarantine plan (in case you do not obtain the exemption)
- Your proof of vaccination, translated if not in English or French (please note that for most vaccines accepted by Canada, 2 doses are required)
You are just a few steps away from making your educational plans a reality.
Step 1 - Choosing a Program
Programs with diplomas open to international students
Exchange programs (French content)
Short stay with tuition fees (french content)
Step 2 - Admission
Step 3 - Legal documents
Step 4 - Welcome Guide
Pre-departure stepsUpon arriving in Québec
Welcome in Sherbrooke
Step 5 - University Services