The Department of Surgery has research funding available to exhort residents to start a research project. This could initially be partially funded by the department and, eventually, by grant funding agencies. Applications will be evaluated by a scientific committee consisting of eight members.
It is a great opportunity to start a research activity that will result in scientific stimulation and improvement of the Department’s academic performance while satisfying the accrediting agencies’ requirements.
Annually, May 31, 4:00 pm
To the Directorship of the Department of Surgery
Room 8501, CHUS - Fleurimont Hospital
The written proposal should not exceed two (2) single-spaced typed pages on 8.5 x 11 paper. The following items must be clearly identified:
- Names of resident and supervisors.
- Project title.
- Scientific context of the project based on a critical analysis of the literature in the field concerned.
- Research questions and hypotheses.
- A detailed description of the funding required. The maximum funding available is $2,500.00 for each project in order to allow a maximum of projects to be funded.
Costs related to statistical analysis, translation, manuscript writing, and office equipement are not eligible.
- Signatures of resident and supervisor.
Thirty percent (30%) of the funding will be retained until the research project (including partial or final results) is presented at the Department of Surgery’s Scientific Day held in December of each year. The presentation of the research protocol alone will not be accepted.