Head: Dr. Charles Orfali
Ms. France Lemieux-Vaillancourt
Telephone : 819 563-9313
Fax : 819 563-9314
The Division of Plastic Surgery is composed of four active members who participate in the clinical and academic activities of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. The members mainly practice at CHUS Hôtel-Dieu but also offer consultation services at CHUS Fleurimont Hospital.
Plastic surgeons offer the following services:
- Simple and complex face, breast, trunk, and limb reconstruction surgery after neoplasic surgery.
- Post-traumatic and post-burn reconstruction.
- Burn treatment, treatment of cutaneous cancers and soft tissue tumors.
- Surgery for congenital and traumatic malformations of the hand; repair for hand traumatisms related to tendons, fractures, nerves, arteries, or defects.
- Microsurgery for nerve and arterial repair, reimplantations, and free flap reconstruction. Division members also perform esthetic surgery (in private clinic) and face surgery: nose, ears, and eyelid malformations, as well as breast malformations and cutaneous and adipose tissue ablation, mammary reduction, liposurgeries, excisions, and post-bariatric surgery lift.
We also ensure on-call coverage at different geographic levels (local, regional, and the Réseau universitaire intégré de santé (RUIS) [Integrated University Health Network] area served by the Université de Sherbrooke). The division also participate in the on-call coverage for maxillofacial trauma.
We offer rotations to clerks (elective) and residents (all surgery programs). The residency program is offered jointly with McGill University. The first two years of the program are held at the Université de Sherbrooke, and the last three years at McGill University.