Etching of III-V compounds and heterostructures and of metals by high-density plasma
Manufacturer and model
STS - Multiplex Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) SR III-V system
- Temperature of the electrode (plate): -20 to 70 ° C
- ICP source: up to 1 kW at 13.56 MHz
- Plate source: 0-300 W at 13.56 MHz
- Gas installed on the system: Ar, N₂, Cl₂, He, H₂, CH₄, O₂, SiCl₄, BCl₃, SF₆
- Sample size: substrates up to 200 mm in diameter; Possibility to work with small samples
- Optical tracking system in real time (end point detection).
- Optical spectrometer (detection of species)
Examples of available processes
- “Ridge" structure etching for heterostructured lasers.
- Chromium etching for the manufacture of photomasks.
- Etching of materials III-V, Ge, Si, GaN, diamond, metals
Log in to access technical documentation and contact info!